- Promote access to learning and enhance the quality of education by improving the quality of
facilities and services.
- Address the needs of learners and promote opportunities for application of learning through relevant and appropriate curricula and methods of delivery.
- Promote efforts to ensure that education, particularly basic education, can be validated.
- Ensure there are sufficient teachers and other education personnel supported to meet basic education needs by promoting teacher training models that consider and respond to current and changing contexts and enhance the quality of teaching and learning.
- Promote and strengthen coherent and coordinated external support of education services.